Industrial Tour to Apparel Park (SEZ)
Focusing on industrial parks for manufacturing units and industries, another that comes in the same category is Apparel Parks under GIDC. Now the question is, what do we exactly mean by "apparel park" and how is this different from industrial parks.
GIDC Apparel Park is located in Khokhra, South Ahmedabad, the financial capital of Gujrat, and is surrounded by some of the main cities like Khokhra (0.0 km), Maninagar (2.88 km), Ghodasar (2.91 km), Kankaria (3.25 km), and Isanpur (3.73 km). Ahmedabad is the nearest city to GIDC Apparel Park.
Under the scheme of the government of India, the 'APPAREL PARK FOR EXPORTS’ was launched, which comes under the minister of textiles, and was launched to impart a focused thrust from the setting up of apparel manufacturing units of international standards at potential growth centers. Anyone can apply to Apparel Park, whether it's an association or an entrepreneurial group.
There are many benefits that an apparel park gives to an association or an entrepreneurial group. A few are as follows:
There are two types of benefits: fiscal and non-fiscal. One of the most important fiscal benefits is:
1. The state government will incure 75% of the capital expenditure on infrastructure installations, while the agency will incur 25%, up to a maximum of INR 10 crores.
2. The next amount of 5 crores is for the setting up of an effluent treatment plant, a crèche/s, any multipurpose center/hall for marketing /display and many other facilities.
3. Grant of up to 50% of the cost of any training facility created in the park- up to a maximum amount of 2 crores.On the other hand, there are a few non-fiscal benefits also.
1. Free land for establishing a sufficient-sized park; the minimum size of an apparel park may be approximately 150–250 acres.
2. The park will have access ability to ports, airports, rail heads, etc., availability of raw-materials and the general level of infrastructural facilities available.
3. The designated agency will help every association and entrepreneurial group provide high quality infrastructural facilities like power, water, roads, and drainage. Networks, etc.
4. The park will have garment manufacturing units, with each unit having at least 200 sewing machines. It would provide employment to at least 20,000 people when it becomes fully operational. which is again a step forward in boosting the economy.
5. The best part is that the state government is also providing flexibility in labour law in all the above clusters.
6. There will be skill upgradation of the workers in the units under various existing schemes, wherever possible.
INDUSTRIES UNDER APPAREL PARK (SEZ) :
1. Komal Texfab Pvt Ltd-SEZ Unit
2. Globe Textiles Sez Unit
3. Globe Textiles Sez Factory
4. Mallcom Safety Private Limited
5. Sonal Timber Mart
6. Tarasafe International Pvt Ltd
For further information related to trades such as the address, phone number, dispatch and associations to connect with the commerce located inside APPAREL PARK (SEZ), log in to www.ibphub.com.