How to List Your Business on a Local Online Directory?
These days Internet marketing has become an obligation for every local business. Local business listings play a major role in popularity, position, and earnings. Today if a business is not found online, it is similar to nowhere to be seen.
While listing a business on an online platform it is important to maximize your ROI by assigning work hours effectively. The essential consideration is that you should decide which platform is reasonable to be listed on. It is not sound practise to dedicate hundreds of hours to getting listed on every existing search engine, index, or app. Rather target the famous (Google My Business, Facebook, Yelp, etc.) and then carefully select other platforms that are valid to your business industry or geography. By means of getting listed only in standard places, you won’t lose the fair division.
Basic Steps of Listing Your Business on Local Online Directory:-
1. Firstly, add the registered official business name. Don’t add any keywords, geographic terms or variations in your business name.
2. Mention your contact details with accurate information of your physical postal address
3. Additionally, update a toll-free number as well as mobile/ telephone number with the correct codesUpdate your website URL and email address, so that visitors can look into your website for more details and write to you directly if required.
4. Select your categories carefully; chose the one that rightly specifies your business. If the directory permits you to pick more than one category, make the best of it—this can help you to obtain more traffic to your business listing.
5. Add a precise and unique description of your company that is appropriate and engaging for the visitors.
6. Most of the platforms allow you to add a tagline and provide a section for social app links. It is advantageous if you add all this data so that you can strengthen online presence.
7. Add quality pictures in the photo gallery to keep your customers engaged.
To get the right recognition for your business, whenever required you must update your business listing from time to time. While updating make sure you have checked the reviews received; if any, write a response in a polite and professional voice. This is applicable for negative reviews as well—the way you deal with your public image goes a long way in customers’ perception.